Cardiac rehabilitation is a medically supervised program to help heart patients recover quickly and improve their overall physical, mental and social functioning. Our goal is to stabilize, slow or even reverse the progression of heart disease, thereby reducing the risk of another cardiac event or death.
When supervised by a physician, cardiac rehabilitation is helpful to patients with:
• Angina Pectoris (chest pain)
• Cardiovascular disease
• Congestive heart failure (CHF)
• Coronary artery bypass graft (CABG)
• Heart failure
• Heart transplant recipients/candidates
• Myocardial Infarction (heart attack)
• Pacemaker/Defibrillator placement
• Peripheral arterial disease
Combining all aspects of cardiovascular rehabilitation helps our patients improve their functional capacity and quality of life creating a sense of well-being and optimism about the future.
Our cardiac rehabilitation program includes:
• Lending emotional support
• Exercise instruction and guidance
• Patient education on understanding and managing the disease process
• Counseling on nutrition and medication
• Assistance with risk factor management such as high blood pressure, smoking cessation, high blood cholesterol, physical inactivity, obesity and diabetes
• Providing vocational guidance to enable the patient to return to work
• Supplying information on physical limitations
Consulting cardiologists, with Cardiovascular Consultants of Minneapolis, see patients at the Cumberland Medical Clinic once a month, usually the fourth Tuesday of every month.
For appointment information, contact your physician or the Cumberland Healthcare Medical Clinic.