Our occupational therapists assist people in developing the "skills for the job of living" necessary for independent and satisfying lives.
Our occupational therapy services include:
• Customized treatment programs to improve one's ability to perform daily activities
• Comprehensive home and job site evaluations with adaptation recommendations
• Performance skills assessments and treatment
• Adaptive equipment recommendations and usage training
• Guidance to family members and caregivers
Our occupational therapists help people with conditions such as:
• Hand and wrist injuries, surgeries, or repetitive stress
• Limitations following a stroke or heart attack
Arthritis, multiple sclerosis, or other serious chronic conditions
• Birth injuries, learning problems, or developmental disabilities
• Mental health or behavioral problems including Alzheimer's, schizophrenia, and post-traumatic stress
• Problems with substance abuse or eating disorders
• Burns, spinal cord injuries, or amputations
• Broken bones or other injuries from falls, sports injuries, or accidents
• Vision or cognitive problems that threaten the ability to drive
• Work-related injuries including repetitive stress injuries
Home Evaluations are provided by our occupational therapy staff. They work closely with physicians, physical therapists, nursing staff and discharge planners to insure independence and safety upon discharge from the hospital. One of our occupational therapists will come to your home to assess the environment and recommend the necessary family and/or personal support, physical adaptations, adaptive equipment and community support services required to allow you to meet the challenges of independent living.
For more information contact our Rehabilitation Services at 715-822-6167.
Our Occupational Therapy Staff
James Merrick, OTR/L, MA
Heath Gaylord, OTR/L, MS, BCP